Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Run Fiercely Toward Restoration

As I answered the last question on my health psychology midterm today, the reality of the coming week began to set in. A year ago, when I developed the vision to create a spring break service trip surrounding power-based violence and its destruction in this world, I never saw this day coming.  With just forty eight hours left until my vision becomes a reality, I could not be more excited about "giving up my spring break" to serve the kingdom in this way. The passions that fill you are incredibly important and essential to restoring this world.
A year ago, I made my way into the Center for Social Concerns and shared my vision for a service trip working with survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, or human trafficking. Ultimately, I wanted other Gannon students to have the opportunity to confront and change the conversation surrounding sexual violence. With two short days until our flight leaves, I can say that the incredible courage it took to ask for this unique opportunity was worth it. I am quite the uncommon worker, working for the common good. I hope that in reading this, you run fiercely toward complete restoration of the hope this world longs for .  -Katlyn Walters

No comments:

Post a Comment