Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Introduction to the 2019 Ruskin Team

Hello friends and family,

Mari Lohitai here. It's that time of year again! Here at Gannon's Erie campus, students are emotionally and physically preparing for an amazing ABST experience and we are no different. This year our roster consists of Erika Ramalho and Almi Clerkin as our wonderful accompaniers. Ally Gates and I are the co-leaders of this amazing team.

I would like to introduce myself. I am a junior Public Service and Global Affairs major. I recently declared my Business Administration minor and am working on a French Language minor. I've had a long history with the Alternative Break Service Trip program. I had my first experience as a first year student. I traveled to DC where I learned about hunger and homelessness. The trip had a profound impact on me. I enjoyed learning about the complexities of social issues. The following year I had my first leadership opportunity with the program. I got to go back to DC and curate the experience for new students. I fell in love!
Image result for mari lohitai

The Ruskin ABST focuses on power-based violence. This includes domestic violence and sex trafficking. I can't wait to educate myself and my team on this terribly important issue.

To keep up with our transformative experience, follow this blog. We will be introducing the rest of our leadership team as well as our students over the next few weeks. From March 3rd to March 8th we will be updating this blog daily with our discoveries.

Thank you so much for your time,
Mari Lohitai

No comments:

Post a Comment